If you enjoy visiting our blog page please add yourself to the list of "Followers". We like it when you leave comments. Let us know where you live and how you found our blog.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Thanks Snookie

Thanks for the promp to write more in this blog, Snookie. It has been a busy month but you are right, I should write at least once a month.

August was hot and dry. We did get some fires here in Oregon but none near us. The two biggest were in the Cascades, one near Odell and Crescent Lakes near Highway 58 which was closed for several days and one up near Mt. Hood. They seemed to get them out in good time but the smoke was bad.

Tom is finishing up his part time job at Pronghorn as one of the golf starters. But will continue to be on call as a host to play with member's guests when the member's can't be with them. What a bummer to be paid $50 to play golf on a $280 course and schmooz the guests! He is good at it and he enjoys it.

I am continuing to train with Billy and hang out about 3 to 4 days a week at Little Remuda Ranch. Aug 23 08 039 Here are the gals that I train with. From the left Me, Charmain, Kacee, and Fran our trainer. I am the oldest, Fran is just a year younger than I am, Charmain is in her 40s and Kacee is 13. We work together well and have a lot of fun,too. Kacee is home schooled so she will be with us all winter.

Winter, that brings up another subject. We have decided to stay home in Oregon this winter. Yes it is a bummer, but the rise in gas, food and all other prices has outpaced the money we have been squirreling away for the trip to Arizona. Not knowing what the economy will do in the next 6 months we decided to skip going south this year. I know I will regret it with the first sub-freezing day. I will think of you who are in Arizona and Florida and you can mentally beam some sunshine my way. Dedicate a few minutes to yours truly as you float in the pool with the sunshine turning you brown.

Back to horses, I competed in my first ever play day two weeks ago. Though I didn't do well on my times, I felt good about riding out there alone if front of people and completing the patterns in barrels, poles,and combination. I was so nervous I didn't expect to get good times, but I wanted to get the first time doing it out of the way. Billy was very patient with me even though he bucked a few times because my being tense caused me to hold the reins too short and tight. I learned a lot and look forward to another play day.   Here are Kacee, Charmain and I between events.                Sept 08 014

 

Guess this fills up a blog page. Maybe next time I will get some pictures of dead trees for Lavon!

Happy Trails, Sharon

1 comment:

  1. OH, I am so jealous! You are competing in play days! I am so proud of you.
    I'm sure, since you are staying in Oregon for the winter, you will be able get a beautiful picture of a snow covered dead tree sparkling in the winter sunshine. I'll be watching for it.
    We sure are going to miss you guys in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete