If you enjoy visiting our blog page please add yourself to the list of "Followers". We like it when you leave comments. Let us know where you live and how you found our blog.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Busy Busy

I know that most of you will not take it as a legitimate excuse but we have been really busy this first half of October.  Tom has been working every day to fill in for people who are on vacation or having medical problems. I picked up two hours of work each morning cleaning stalls and feeding horses at a Dressage (English Riding) barn next to where I ride most every day. Might as well go in two hours early at 8 AM and make some money. Tom has been playing more golf and taking some lessons. I have been progressing in my riding skills with Billy and have also started learning to do cow cutting on one of Fran's horses. Billy is also being started on cows by Fran. It will be a while before I ride him doing that because we are both just learning.  With leaving for work and riding at 7AM and getting home at about 6PM there hasn't been a lot of time for blogging or doing anything besides the regular routine. Weekends are taken up with church, cleaning house, and grocery shopping. It seems a little like the schedule we had before we quit working but we are both doing things now that we really enjoy. I guess you could say we are playing hard not working hard! 

I'll include some photos taken during everyday ranch life.

Shawna and Duke Shawna giving Duke a haircut. Duke,a roper, trains roping horses and competes in rodeo all over the west. Shawna is training her horse Cleo for reining.

Emma started going to preschool this year and loves it. It is held twice a week and each day is dedicated to a different color. She dresses as completely in the color of the day if she can. Her dad, Rich, did not like Orange Day as she looked too much like an Oregon State fan, hahaha. Sara who stays at daycare insists on paper and color crayons so she can do her "homework" while Emma is at school.

2 comments:

  1. You must have sensed that I was getting ready to send you an email telling you it was time to update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi you two! We are glad to hear that you are both having fun doing what you want. Keep up the good playing!!

    ReplyDelete