I received a wonderful Christmas gift yesterday.
Last August I donated a small quarter horse, Reba, to the Equine Outreach organization. She was only 13.2 hands and I had trained her to snaffle bit and started her in basic training. I had rescued her in 2006 when I found her starving in a winter killed pasture and being given no hay or shelter. I paid for her to get her out of there and she rewarded me with loving devotion. When I got Billy in June, I just didn't have time for Reba and tried to sell her. With the bottom dropping out of the horse market and hay prices going up I had no luck selling her and I just could not to afford to keep two horses in hay through another winter.
The gift I received was an email from Equine Outreach telling me that they had placed Reba, now named Lucy, with a 10 year old girl in Prineville. This little girl has really wanted a horse but they family couldn't afford to buy one because the mother is undergoing treatment for breast cancer. Having experienced the healing that a relationship with a horse can bring to one's heart, I am thrilled that this girl now has a special friend in Lucy and Lucy has someone to love and care for her. Equine Outreach keeps track of the adoptions that they place and they assured me that Lucy will never go hungry through a winter again.
I have included some pictures. You can see the love and bonding between these two. Merry Christmas, Sharon
That is a Merry Christmas present! The pictures are just precious, especially the one of them face-to-face.
ReplyDeleteBOY I BET YOU JUST WANTED TO CRY AFTER YOU SEEN THOSE PICTURES IT MADE ME TEAR UP. LOVE YOU GUYS
ReplyDeleteMERRY CHRISTMAS
BUD & SHELLEY
Such cute pictures! I'm sure you are thrill that Lucy has a good home and great companion. Hope you guys had a great Christmas and have a Happy New Year. We are planning on leaving for Florida tomorrow a.m. Will miss you this year.
ReplyDelete