If you enjoy visiting our blog page please add yourself to the list of "Followers". We like it when you leave comments. Let us know where you live and how you found our blog.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Chickens

Well, yes, we are crazy. Our new venture this year will be CHICKENS!

I have designed a coop/run and today started getting some lumber. If you ever have a project I suggest going first to the Habitat ReStore. It sells donated and recycled building material and the proceeds help support Habitat for Humanity. I got about $80 of lumber for half that amount. Now for some good weather to build it. The chicks will be arriving the middle of February and will be brooded in the hobby room for about 6 weeks. Yes there will be pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Chickens?????? what why and what ever! im laughing but honestly i cant wait to see the pictures.. have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new project will deinitely keep you busy. You guys are true farmers - I was raised on a farm so I know all about it. But you know it is fun and a great experience, at least for a while!! Take care and have fun.

    ReplyDelete