If you enjoy visiting our blog page please add yourself to the list of "Followers". We like it when you leave comments. Let us know where you live and how you found our blog.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year Up-date

Since I haven't added anything lately I thought I'd bring you up to date on my winter project, the rat rod. Ladies this will probably be of more interest to your husbands, but you're welcome to look.  Several weeks ago I included pics of the 48 International street rod I am building, at that time I had the engine ready to drop in but haven't had the time or all the necessary parts.  After much scrounging, I finally got everything needed and I dropped it in today.jan 06,09 001

I originally had a 396/435 HP Corvette engine in the truck but it was way too much for this old guy. I sold it and purchased a 318 CI Dodge engine and transmission.  The Dodge engine is built to about 250-275 HP which should be more than adequate for this little truck.  I still need to have motor mounts fabricated but that should only take about a week.  I still have much to do, fabricate a floor board, install weatherstripping and glass, and install tongue and groove pine in the bed.  I also plan on painting it a color called purple velvet.  The paint will be put off for a while because I want to get it running and driveable first.  The front hood and fenders will be set up to tilt forward and will be one piece.

jan 06,09 002

Well, enough of that.  Sharon and I have struggled through some ugly winter weather, snow, sub zero temperatures, wind and everything in between.  It makes us ask ourselves, "what were we thinking when we decided not to go to AZ"?  The one positive is that Sharon has gotten lots of "Horse" time and is gaining in her skills of reining and cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment