So Snookie has reminded me that it has been a month since I entered a post. Weeeelllll, We woke up to 1 1/2 inches of snow yesterday, had a day of rain and hail today and I am still wearing my bibs to work on the ranch.
Tom has gone back to work at Pronghorn as a Golf Host and Starter. As host he plays golf with owner's guests when the owners cannot be with them. Tough job but someone has to do it. Can you believe it, getting paid to play golf on a top 100 golf course. In the two days since he has gone back he has golfed in the rain and had today's round canceled because of rain and hail.
I competed in my first cutting show two weeks ago. I scored a 63. I had hoped to make at least a 60. Three points off for not keeping my hand down and 5 points off for one cow getting away. I compete again this coming Saturday. I am riding Acey a 21 year old paint mare owned by my trainer. This horse is teaching me a lot. Billy has been laid up for the last month. He ruptured a ligament in his leg by slipping when he was romping around in his stall. It will be a slow recovery but he should regain all of his athletic ability. It is a bummer but I do have Acey to ride for now.
It is foaling time at the ranch. Last night we had foal watch starting at 8:30 PM. About 3:00AM the mare's water broke and we delivered a beautiful red buckskin filly after Fran's husband Alex spent about 20 minutes pulling her out. The mare is older and was not pushing well.
Welcome to the world, baby girl.
Look at those long legs. I think she is beautiful.
How exciting! She IS beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you posted this on the blog. she is beautiful!!
ReplyDelete