What a week this has been. Tom wrote the last blog and I thought I would write. After 6 days I finally have a clear enough head to write a little bit.
I have no memory of being run over by the horses. I remember arriving at the ranch that morning and putting on my boots at the car. The next thing I remember is Tom handing me a chicken wrap as I sat in the recliner at our house. I lost about 12 hours of Tuesday and only a couple of snapshots have surfaced from during that time.
I saw the doctor for follow up Friday and he says that it will take from one to three months for my brain to heal from the damage. Thank goodness that I have strong bones and don't have any fractures. It sure could have been worse. I have swelling and bruising in my brain - it is called mild traumatic brain injury. At six days after the accident I have trouble with balance, slow thinking, mix up and can't think of words, get easily irritated and frustrated, sleep irregularities, and extreme fatigue. This is all part of it.
Here is a medical link that I was referred to to understand it better:
http://www.traumaticbraininjury.com/content/symptoms/mildtbisymptoms.html
I was also given a book on audio on healing your brain. I will let you know if it is good and keep you up on the progress of this adventure.
So glad you are better enough to write, sweet friend. You are in our prayers. We are so thankful you have no broken bones to contend with. Take care and allow others to bless you as you heal. We love you so. Don't forget to pray for us. Keep singing.
ReplyDeleteWoW Sharon so sorry to hear about your accident! Im glad your healing good. Just take your time and that wonderful husband of yours to take good care of you. take care hun... we love you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing that no bones were broken! An amazing story, that's for sure. We have you in our prayers for a speedy and complete recovery. God bless you, both.
ReplyDeleteWe will have you in our prayers for your complete recovery. So glad to hear you didn't have any broken bones. Take care.
ReplyDelete