Things are going much better for me now a month after my accident.
I still am having some problems with headaches, short term memory, fatigue, balance, and some stuttering but it could have been so much worse. As many of you know it is hard for me to be patient especially with myself and just wait to see if time will clear these things up.
Tom widened the front porch and planted a couple of arborvitae this past weekend. We have more plans for the front but are waiting until sometime in April when the nighttime temperatures are warmer before doing more planting.
Here is a picture. Still need to restore the old porch boards and stain it all.
I have made a really tough decision and am selling Billy, my AQHA cutting and reining horse. I did not get this injury by coming off of a horse!! However, there are a lot of sudden moves in cutting and I would be working around many horses every time I am at the ranch. My doctors say that I cannot risk another concussion. I have had two in the last year and it wouldn't take much of a jolt to have another one and it would cause permanent damage a lot worse than the problems that I am dealing with now. There is no way I could just "ride lightly" knowing what moves Billy is capable of doing. I have loved being out there on the edge of my riding skills and pushing for more. I would not be able to do less if I continued riding. I want him to go to someone who will use him well and benefit from him as much as I did. The horse market is not real great because of the economy but I know it can all work out. Prayers would be appreciated.
Tom was notified that he will not be returning to Pronghorn this year. It seems that they are really cutting costs and will probably use more interns (students from the UNLV golf management program who are required to get experience) this year instead of bringing back the seasonal workers. He is looking for something to do and has applied for part time work to several places.
Just want you to know that you are both in our thoughts and prayers. Sharon, these are difficult decisions, I know, but Our Dear Lord will inspire you to make the correct decisions and the peace to accept them. We pray for your complete recovery! Tom, the porch looks great! Good luck with the job hunting. Happy Summer to you both! (it's supposed to be in the 80's this week --- guess we'll just skip over spring and go straight to "HOT!")
ReplyDelete