If you enjoy visiting our blog page please add yourself to the list of "Followers". We like it when you leave comments. Let us know where you live and how you found our blog.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sara's First "Big Horse" Ride

Last Tuesday Sara went with us to Robertson Ranch to ride Acey, the horse I use for cutting. It was her first ride on a "big" horse and she was very excited. The day turned out to be quite windy and cold but she still wanted to ride. While I was getting Acey's blanket off Tom showed her the buffalo and Sara wanted to ride the buffalo. I think not. 067

Well I led Acey around while Sara held on to the saddle horn. Hey we all have to start with baby steps. About a quarter of the way around the arena she decided she was too cold and told Acey she would come back when it was warm.

After she got off Sara wanted to give Acey an hug and thank her for the ride. 

071

When she got back in the car she said she forgot to give Acey a kiss but would do it next time. 

3 comments:

  1. That's the cutest! I think she is going to have her grandmother's love for horses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She not only has Grandmother's love for horses but I expect her to get into all kinds of 'trouble' with Grandma in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THESE!! SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE IS HAVING SO MUCH FUN! AND GRANDMA AS WELL! XOXO

    ReplyDelete