If you enjoy visiting our blog page please add yourself to the list of "Followers". We like it when you leave comments. Let us know where you live and how you found our blog.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Saturday April 13

Wonderful sunny weather today. After church we did some much needed grocery shopping. We are still transferring things out of the RV and into the house. I am constantly finding something that I need that is still in the RV. Like my hairdryer at 7:00AM! It will all get in the house and put away eventually.
This afternoon my friend Dee came over and we worked with our horses in my round pen. My horse Reba has a very sweet temperament but she was used as a babysitter horse for 3 years and that causes some problems. A babysitter horse is one that is so sweet you just sit a kid on her and the horse walks around doing whatever it wants while the kid "rides".
Well things aren't so undemanding with MOM on her back. Last year I trained her to a snaffle bit. She had never had a bit in her mouth before. We also started leg cues and took one trail ride.
Reba is getting back to what we learned last year and adding some new things. Today we worked on walking over logs and standing still for several minutes. She had never walked over logs before and was hesitant but did well when urged on and the exercise was repeated several times. When asked to stand still she wants to keep her feet moving. She learns fast but gets somewhat of an attitude when not allowed to do her own thing. That is the big lesson she is learning. She has to always do what Mom says before she gets relief from bit or leg pressure. The wind was blowing so that made the horses a little hyper but they have to learn to do what the rider wants in all weather situations. Dee's horse is further along than mine and she has ridden for lots of years. I enjoy her so much and I always learn so much when we work together.
My friend Ellen has had the flu since I have been home so we have not gotten to spend any time together catching up. The phone is OK but the same as in AZ. Get well Ellen! I need a hug!


No comments:

Post a Comment