
It was great weather today so what did we do on the first day of fishing season? Work around the ranch of course! Tom got the front yard area thatched. That is the only lawn area on the place so it really is not such a chore. The rest of the 12 acres is just sage, rocks, juniper trees and a few acres of pasture that take care of themselves.
I have been working Reba every day (she is the sorrel horse above) and she is getting better and better in her ground manners. Dee and I even got her to load twice into Dee's trailer so Fran, my trainer, said to bring her on over to Little Remuda next week. It is a lot of work but it will be worth it. I have lost three pounds this week since working with her every day.
I have sold Raffe the 4 year old miniature. That is his picture above. I have had him since he was 6 months old and trained him to lead line for little kids and started him in cart. The lady that house sat with us fell in love with him and wants him for her granddaughter. I hate to sell him but I need the money for training Reba and I don't have time or energy to train two at once any more. I made her agree to sell him back to me if she ever doesn't want him. He will be great for the grand girls when they get older. Right now I am still boarding him for her. He is 44 inches tall and has a flashy trot where he picks up his front feet up high.
Hi you two. Sounds like you are busy having fun. I wish we were busy having fun with you! I'm so glad you are back on the blog.
ReplyDelete